Several weeks ago I decided to make a pretty big investment into my trading education.
??I went with Tim’s 8 hour private coaching session and we literally just wrapped up the session about 4 hours ago and here I am writing this review while the experience is still fresh in my mind.??
Today is Friday, December 12 2010 and the coaching session took place between 6:00am - 1pm PST at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Los Angeles, CA (That’s where Tim was staying and he was kind enough to host the session there since I don’t live in L.A.).
??Tim graciously welcomed me into his place with an open door policy and that’s how he treated the entire day-??
(1) 5 star customer service. It was all about me and what I wanted to learn;
??(2) Education through experience. Tim selflessly opened up his life’s story from cover to cover, he was happy to answer all the questions I had about his experiences, and it was apparent that he spoke solely to educate me (there was no chit-chat or self-promotion it was all about helping me);??
(3) Education through action. “You are who you surround yourself with” is something i’ve always believed and being with Tim during market hours really opened my eyes to the importance of (a) structure, (b) discipline and (c) composure. With the # of different projects he’s working on I expected Tim during business hours to be like the poster child for ADD but it was actually the complete opposite.??
(4) He had structure to his entire day. While keeping a close eye on all his potential trade setups, he prioritized his tasks and executed them one at a time.??
(5) He was disciplined in the sense that he knew before the opening bell every potential trade for that day (he’s not scanning 200 different stocks and making random trades... he sticks to his “bread & butter” trading strategy and outside of the 20 stocks on his watch list I got the impression he could care less what every other stock was doing intraday).??
(6) Most importantly, he had a certain calm and composure throughout the day seemed to keep him focused and in the drivers seat.??
Oh I almost forgot he did flip out one time when Citron Research released a bearish report on HHWW right when the stock was at a double top but I think that was justified because now even I know that you don’t short a double top).
??I was hoping that my investment into Tim’s coaching session would make me a better trader but it ended up being a lot more than that.
At the end of the day my ROI was (a) a very good understanding of Tim’s trading strategy, (b) learning exactly what it means to be a disciplined trader and how it’s so vitally important to achieving sustained profits and (3) seeing first hand what it takes to become a successful internet entrepreneur.??
One improvement i’d like to see is a bit more structure to the program. Perhaps Tim could have a check-list of vitally important items that must be covered. ??Then maybe incorporate a “take home” coaching booklet of these vitally important items that I could always keep with me. Besides Tim pointing out specific pattern formations and level 2 action during market hours... I felt a lot of the coaching sessions emphasis was on me to ask questions and tell Tim what I wanted to learn. ??
The Dean gives Tim Sykes’ private coaching program an A.
This review is the subjective opinion of an Investimonials member and not of Investimonials LLC
6 of 6 people have found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful?